The City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder provides its residents with general waste bulk bins. Households are entitled to one bulk bin per financial year. Maximum of 4 cubic meters and 1000kg in weight of waste will be collected.

Please see the below FAQs to answer any questions.

The City of Kalgoorlie–Boulder provides each residential premise with one bin per financial year subject to availability of bins in any particular week. As long as the property address is a residential premise, a bin can be provided.

Additional bins can be sourced by contacting Cleanaway on 9082 9480.

No. Commercial operators are not entitled to this service. The bulk bin service is for residential premises only.

Cleanaway can provide commercial businesses with a bin, call 9082 9480.

Your bin will be available for 7 days. Delivery and collection will occur on the same day as your weekly 240lt wheelie bin waste service.
You can request where the bin should be placed, however the final placement is at the drivers discretion. This is due to safety considerations and site suitability. It will be positioned in a manner which provides for safe use, delivery and removal. Bins must not obstruct public thoroughfares. Bins must not be moved after delivery.
Do not overfill the bin. If possible the driver will remove any excess waste that is causing the skip to be overfilled, placing items beside the bin, this excess or non-compliant waste remains the residents responsibility.
The driver may remove easily accessible items, leaving them at your property. If for any reason this isn’t possible, the bin may not be collected until the items are removed.
Some items such as scrap metal are recycled, however the City encourages you to support local groups that collect reusable and recyclable items for charitable and fundraising purposes.
The bin is the responsibility of the resident. If you want to report an incident involving scavenging you can call the City Rangers on 9021 9600.
There is no easy way of telling if you have asbestos, but if you feel it may be asbestos you can contact the council at 9021 9600 for disposal options. Do not put asbestos in the bulk bin.

Not at present, a $20 fee will be introduced during the 2018-19 Financial Year.

Exemptions for below can be sought by contacting the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder by calling (08) 9021 9600;

  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Health Care Card
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
  • Dept. Veterans Affairs
  • WA Seniors Card
  • State Concession Card
  • Companion Card

Allowed: Household furniture, floor coverings (e.g. carpets/underlay), e-waste (electronic waste) such as televisions, computers, monitors, mobile phones, old bicycles, bed frames/headboards, general junk, green waste, bulky household items and oversized cardboard packaging.

Not Allowed: Asbestos, bagged waste, car parts, construction/demolition or building waste, sanitaryware (toilets/baths/sinks), sand, rubble, concrete, pavers, food waste, gas bottles, glass items (windows/glass panes, tables, etc.), household hazardous waste (including paints, garden or household chemicals, fire extinguishers, gas cylinders, etc.), liquid waste, mattresses, turf (real), tyres, fencing and white goods.

For more information please refer to

Request a Bulk Bin

Let us know your details, so we know who to contact and where to deliver the bulk bin.

Contact Person*